Thursday, November 26, 2015
We Are Thankful...
What We at WBS Are Thankful For….
Thanksgiving is the time of year when we all step back from our busy schedules and reflect on the things for which we are thankful.
Here at WBS we have many blessings…
* The dedicated staff, interns and volunteers who work so tirelessly to rehabilitate the more than 300 injured birds that pass through our hospital doors each year
* The Education Department staff who work long hours and give up their weekends and even some holidays to carry the message of environmental responsibility to schools and organizations across the country
* The Propagation Department staff--the often unsung heroes and heroines of our organization--who remain “behind the scenes” caring for and training our large roster of non-releasable birds
* The “Tuesday Crew” – a group of retired tradesmen who show up every Tuesday, rain or shine, to lend us their construction trade skills, and literally “keep us together”
* The many volunteers without which we could not exist. These dedicated individuals come from every walk of life and span every age group—all for the love of the birds
* The Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts who choose the World Bird Sanctuary as their Eagle Scout or Girl Scout Gold project. Most of our outdoor structures would not exist without them
* The many wonderful corporate sponsors who support us financially and in so many other ways.
* The individuals who call us from out of the blue offering to donate anything from raptor food or birdseed to automobiles or tractors
* Our wonderful visitors who purchase merchandise from our gift shop because they know that the profits help to feed house and care for the birds, or the drive through visitor who stops to drop a few dollars in our donation box as they enter our site.
* All the diehard supporters who show up at WBS special events in spite of weather conditions ranging from rain and cold to hundred degree temperatures
FOR ALL THIS WE ARE THANKFUL!
To all of you out there—HAPPY THANKSGIVING!