Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Adopt A Pig - Inca
Inca is a parti-colored Abyssinian guinea pig. He was whelped in 2007 and came to us as a very young pup. He has become a real favorite with staff and visitors alike--especially the little ones.
Inca spends most of his days greeting visitors to our Nature Center. When he is not in his enclosure it's a safe bet to assume that he's traveling with our Education Department staff to one of the many schools, preschools, or other children's groups that he visits each year as part of our Fur, Feather & Scales, or Care For Critters programs.
Inca is a very important part of our education team. He gives the children the opportunity to touch one of our animals, and helps us to explain the differences between mammals, birds, and reptiles. He also helps us to explain to the children which animals make good pets and why some others don't.
To adopt Inca, simply click our DONATION button, make a donation of $50, and specify in your payment notes: Adopt-A-Pig: Inca. Also, be sure you include your name, phone number, and mailing address so that we can send your adoption materials!
Every donation helps to feed, house, and provide medical care for the animal of your choice! Adopt A Pig parents receive:
* A personal visit with the animal you adopt!! Call 636-861-3225 to set up a time for your personal visit.
* Certificate of Adoption
* Color photo of the animal you have adopted
* Sponsorship card
* One year's subscription to Mews News (our quarterly newsletter)
* Life History and Natural History of the animal
* 10% discount off WBS merchandise
* Invitations to special Sponsors Only events like Camera Day
* Discounts on WBS special events
* WBS decal