Saturday, April 28, 2012

365 Photo Project - April

This month has been a great month for photos with the start of spring, vacation and work trips and just generally being out and about.  It is so hard to choose photos to use for this project, but at the same time it is a lot of fun. 

I have recently joined a website call 365.  Here is the link to my page.  This website is so much fun if you love photography from around the world.  I can follow other people and people can follow me.  Everyone can comment back and forth.  It’s like social media for photography.
 Clipper butterfly photographed at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House
My first favorite photo for this month is a photo of a Clipper butterfly which I took at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House in St. Louis.  The light and the colors just came out fantastic and I just love this photo.  I went to the butterfly house with a WBS volunteer and friend Sandra Murray who also loves taking photos.  We spent her lunch hour photographing butterflies and enjoying the hot, humid conditions in the butterfly house.

This was also the start of March Morpho Month at the Butterfly House.  For this special exhibit they release an extra 2000 Morpho butterflies which are free to fly around the interior of the Butterfly House.  It is just amazing!  I took a ton of photos that I really like, but this one of the Clipper just came out fantastic.
 Our new baby Barn Owl--who now has a name....Minerva
My second favorite photo is one that on the 365 Project site made the “popular page” for several days.  It is a photo of the World Bird Sanctuary Education Department’s new baby barn owl.  One night she was home with me getting some socializing time and I took this photo of her sitting on my pink/orange blanket.  With all of her fluff she looks just adorable.

I am loving this project and since I joined this website, I'm loving it even more.  Seeing other photos from around the world and reading other’s comments just makes sharing the photos even more fun and enjoyable.  This also gives me so many more ideas on places to look for that next photo. 

Submitted by Cathy Spahn, World Bird Sanctuary Naturalist

No comments: