Friday, August 29, 2008

Beak of the Week!

Victoria of Colorado, you are our weekly champion, having correctly identified the peregrine falcon. Congrats and keep up the good work out there at HawkQuest!

Continuing with another native (to the U.S.) species, this bird is more often heard than seen. I know one named Junior who is very grumpy.



These feet look soft, but like last week's peregrine talons, they are designed to catch and kill:


The hypnotic eyes command you to do their will:
Bring me food.


Good luck identifying this week's mystery bird! As always, I'll be back next Friday with the answer and a new beak.

2 comments:

DanielC15 said...

I'm in love with Junior though! :P

Anonymous said...

My guess is a Screech Owl. I think Screech owls have the cutest eyes, but i would guess its dinner wouldnt agree with me :-)

Have a great Labor Day holiday!!

Lindsay in TN